"We must pursue a vision for a strong, dynamic, and broad-based economy that is well-stocked with locally owned, locally grown enterprises." ~ Joe Sam Queen
Dedicated to strong job growth locally. Working for a robust economy that works for all. Advocating for good jobs and strong wages for us in the mountains.
As a Legislator, Joe Sam Queen has led in:
- Creating the new WNC Livestock Center
- Growing Heritage Tourism
- Pioneering the Trout Heritage Cities program
- Promoting small town farmer's markets and small town revitalization projects
- Supporting Cherokee gaming opportunities, leading to hundreds of local jobs
- Cutting taxes for small business owners and small farm producers
- Establishing the Blue Ridge National Heritage Area
- Strongly advocating for the expansion of broadband access across the mountains
- Funding Advantage West in its work to diversify our economy
As a trusted, local professional, expect dedication
The economy of our mountains is changing. We must pursue a vision for a strong, dynamic, and broad-based economy with locally owned and locally grown enterprises. The result will be a sustainable economy, flexible enough to take advantage of opportunities that a changing world provides. Such an economy will provide security and opportunity for us all. To do this, we have to invest in our schools, our infrastructure and our citizens.
As an architect, I strongly support equity built housing and quality development while insisting our growth is smart and responsible, protecting clean air, clean water, and natural beauty — assets we all share in and benefit from.
We should encourage high-quality heritage tourism, emphasizing mountain hospitality and our authentic regional character.
My record as Legislator and a Board Member of Advantage West attest to my commitment to the vision of building a strong job-creating economy essential for real family security here in the mountains